Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Trip to Seaside, Oregon


Oh, the almighty Sand Dollar. Aren't they beautiful? I think so too.

I had a GREAT time in Seaside, this past weekend. I relaxed, played, had fun, laughed, and ate. Boy, did I eat.

One of the highlights of the weekend was playing a slighted version of The Amazing Race in downtown Seaside. We got to ride the carousel! My first comment after boarding, "There's GOT to be a weight limit on this thing!" Another task was to find the Christmas section of one of the little shops in The Carousel Mall, and sing a Christmas carol. Check. Find Elvis and get a group picture with one person kissing him (but obey the DO NOT TOUCH rule). Whoa! Anyway, check. Run around this designated area and collect as many business cards as you can in 7 minutes. Only ONE person from your team can actually collect the cards; however, you all may solicit them. Check. The best part of that portion of the game was talking to the people who were driving down the street. I bet they were wishing traffic was flowing a bit faster. :-) I love talking to strangers. Can you tell we had a really good time?

Did I mention how much we ate? Oh, man. We had a lovely dinner at the Shilo Inn, which was far too expensive, but they were very accommodating. That was nice too.

A great time was had by all, indeed.

You can find more pictures here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian Moon said...

That's so weird - a reality-ized version of a "reality show" that's based on... um... reality. Where does it end? Where does it begin? It's like the snake that's eating its own tail.

Amazing picture.

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got away and had some fun... and talking to strangers too! Good for you in both ways!

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home