Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Through the Looking Glass of the Past

He said he would never leave me.
But I left him instead.
And, I'm a better person for it.

He said I was special.
And, I am.
But not in the way he thought.

He said he would always keep his promises.
But he didn't.
And, I have learned from that, as well.

He said I should feel safe with him.
But he was the one I most feared.
I'm a stronger person, now.

He said he loved me.
But he didn't know true love.
Someone that truly loves you, doesn't harm you.

He said I could count on him.
But I learned to count on him for nothing.
Having friends I can count on helps me know the difference.

He said things would be great.
But they weren't.
I'm glad we both lived through it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christi Lee said...

That was pretty is it yours? You write so well. I need to keep up.

8:46 PM  
Blogger erraberra said...

It is mine. Thank you for the nice compliment!

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home