Monday, January 30, 2006

Inappropriate

It's been awhile since I've posted. Mostly because I have no idea what to write about in my day-to-day, hum-drum life. But I guess that's what it's all about. Right? Right? Anyone?

One thing that's been bugging me lately is the fact that sexual abuse is such an epidemic. I know SO MANY women, and too many little girls, that have been affected by sexual abuse. And, it's rampant, even- still -today. Will it ever stop? And, is there a fine line between teenage/ adolescent curiosity and actual sexual abuse? Where are the lines drawn? Obviously, when it's adults, they KNOW it's wrong. But I suppose it could be possible for an adolescent/teenager to "possibly" not know any better. Do they talk to kids about this in school these days, or is it up to the parents? And, if it's up to the parents, WHY, oh why, aren't they talking to their kids about how this is INAPPROPRIATE behavior? It's terrible and awful....and other icky words.

Bleh.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian Moon said...

I think it's interesting that sexual abuse and teenage pregnancy are more rampant in states that voted for the Republican candidate in the last presidential election.

While divorce rates are down in states that voted for the Democratic candidate.

I wonder what the underlying corelation is there? Because I'm sure it's not directly related to political party. Maybe what those parties stand for? Hmmm... food for thought.

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home