Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Dating Stinks

Or, does it? I've recently posted an ad on my local Craigslist site. The results were quite pleasing, actually. However, I'm dreading the whole "get to know you" stage, as well as the first date with a couple of suitors. Even though I'm actually happy that these men were gracious enough to take the time to respond, and stick with it long enough to actually ask me out, I am just not looking forward to that stage. You know....THAT stage. The initial exploration of the person you thought you saw in the picture. Do they look the same, or was that just a bad/good day? Are they as nice as they seem via e-mail? Are they gonna pay this time, or ever again, for that matter? Do we go dutch? Do we talk about it? Let's get it out of the way and talk about it now...before we meet. I'll handle that, thankyouverymuch. That awkward conversation, and thinking of things to talk about while slurping a latte...stuff you haven't already talked about via e-mail. And, then there's the good-bye. That part I hate the most. Do you hug? Do you shake hands? I'm a girl - I don't shake hands. Duh. So it goes....I have a couple dates coming up. Force be with me. TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home