Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Random Story that Probably Only Makes Sense to Me...But I'm OK With That. You?

So, I have a baby's daddy, okay? And, even though it took me forever to get over him, I finally am. And, in fact, we get along better now then we have in a long while. And, I'm actually nearly friends with his girlfriend, who, by the way, is pregnant with his child. And, I'm even throwing her a baby shower.

No, I'm in Portland, not the South. Duh.

Anyway, they are looking for a new employee at her workplace. She asked me if I knew of anyone that might be interested in this position. Instantly, after deliberating with my mom about this, we thought of my pastor's wife, who could be looking for work soon. She wasn't so sure it would be such a good fit due to the environment. It's construction work, see...and apparently, in the construction business, the language is a tad less than desirable, to say the least.

Anyhow, when she mentioned me asking the pastor's wife about the job, she referred to her as "the mother of the church." I laughed. Mostly because if you knew my pastor's wife, you'd laugh too. She's the best...but not someone you'd think of as "the mother" of any church.

Therefore, my mom and I decided the only response that would have been appropriate was, "Mother what?"

Yeah, that's funny. Possibly only to my mom and I. But still. Funny, indeed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christi Lee said...

Bayby dada AND Mother of the Church in one post. Thank you I feel closer to god now. Don't worry it's not a Southern thing...

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home