Thursday, May 04, 2006

Of course it's all about me....why?

In case you don't know this about me, there's not much I hate more than being late. To anything. I hate it when I'm late, I hate it when anyone else is late. It's one of those pet peeves that just grind on your last nerve, ya know?

My grandfather has been sick, and recently had surgery. He had an aneurism in his aorta that needed to be removed/broken up. Thank God and the doctors, he came through the surgery just fine. However, my dad has had to make several trips to California in the past few months to help him out. My dad normally watches my daughter before & after school, and when he's gone we have to rearrange things quite a bit to get her back and forth to school. This requires extra time to drop her off at my sister's house in the mornings, before heading in to work.

Now, you'd think, since I hate to be late so much, I'd be able to adjust my wake-up time, right? Um..no. It just doesn't work that way for some reason. So, I've been late. A lot. (Given the fact that I hate being late so much, a lot could be a minimal quantity, of course.)

Well, my dad's home (again, thank God he made it home safely), and I was going to arrive EARLY to work today. Notice I said was.

Turns out there was a fatal accident on McLaughlin Blvd. this morning, and I ended up being a couple minutes late instead. I feel really bad that this was a fatal accident, now...don't get me wrong. However, did you hear me say that I WAS GOING TO BE EARLY, and ended up late instead?? Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home