Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Anti-Social Being

I'm not sure if you know this about me or not, but I don't really like to talk on the telephone much. Now, this has absolutely nothing to do with using a telephone for OTHER types of communication....say TEXTING, for example. See, I am the Queen of Text. Ask anyone who spends any amount of time around me...they'll tell you. But they might also add...BUT DON'T CALL HER. See, I even complain about people calling me...to their face (er, rather, to their ear). I don't LIKE it when people call me. Wait. Let me re-phrase that...I'm an attention whore, so I LOVE it when people call me, I just don't want to actually TALK to them. I'm not sure why. I think I've gotten a tad anti-social in my older age. However, that's really not true either. So, I'm not sure what it is about talking on the phone that bugs me most.

Anyway, to get to my point....

After not actually TALKING to Brian for several days (although being in constant contact with him, as always, via other methods), I was very surprised at how happy he sounded when I actually spoke to him. I couldn't tell, via these other methods of communication, just how good of a mood he was in. And, that, my friends, is priceless.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I hear what you saying... or read what you are saying in this case... because I guess now we know that I won't hear you saying it. :) The voice says volumes in so many cases...

5:39 PM  
Blogger erraberra said...

Guilt, guilt...it's not that I WON'T talk on the phone....

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home