Monday, July 09, 2007

The Way to a Better Soul

Someone, somewhere said that cleansing is good for the soul. I'd have to agree.

Saturday, I had a free day. Did you hear me? Completely free! Which, if you know me, doesn't happen very often. In fact, hardly ever. And, to top it off, my day started out sorta gloomy. I felt the sudden urge not only to clean, but to purge, if you will. Out with the old, in with the new.

I recently bought a new Dell computer (yay for tax write-offs!). My desk and office space are set up in my bedroom. So, I've got this sweet monitor and beauty of a computer gleaming on my newly cleaned off desk, yet a huge mess EVERYWHERE ELSE. See, the new is in, but the old is still there.

And, by old, I mean at least two years old...since I moved in...there were things that I hadn't unpacked yet. Pictures and decorations for my bedroom not yet hung. I also had some new clothes in smaller sizes, since I'm slowly shrinking (yay!), that needed to be hung. I went through my closet as well. Four large green garbage bags later, my closet is cleaned out of most of the larger sizes I'd acquired over the years. I was texting Brian most the day, and he suggested I be sure to keep at least one outfit of the larger size so that when I reach my goal weight, I can take a picture wearing the old stuff. Sounded like a good plan to me. My favorite jeans that literally fall off me (but I wear them anyway because they are, indeed, my favorite!) were in the laundry anyway. They're safe...and will be back in my closet shortly.

To make a long story not quite as long, of the three sides of my bed available to be clean, only one is clean. And, it took me most of the day to do that. I still have two other sides to do; however, that'll have to wait for more time, definitely, but more space would be nice too. I guess I have to figure out how to fit everything I have into the small space I have to work with. I may need to call in the troops (not the US Troops, silly).

It felt good to get even that little bit done. And, I would say my soul is better for having done it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Wecker said...

I LOVE ORGANIZATION! Straightening, cleaning, tidying, whatever the word that comes to mind - I'm all for it! Good on you for doing it! Yeah!

Ot's the dusting I have difficulty with.......

3:29 PM  
Blogger Kevin Wecker said...

And, apparently, the letter i in what should have been It's, and not Ot's.

[pause}

Hey! See??! In a weird way, I just re-organized my previous comment!

I'm quite cool that way.......

[awkward pause]

OK.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Good for you! Feels good doesn't it!

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home