Sunday, June 24, 2007

Missing You Already

My good friend, Lori Nelson, passed away this past week. I'm not even sure of the actual day. She lived alone, and had a brain aneurysm. She wasn't yet 60 years old, and she was an awesome human being. She was many things, but here are a few things I will always remember about Lori:

She was short and sassy, and could pack a punch! She was an ex-Marine, and you'd never know by her sweet demeanor...but, by all means, don't make her mad!

She liked everything in her life just-so. Her hair and nails were always just-so. Her clothes were always just-so. Her cars were always just-so. Her house...ahhh...her house was always just-so. Pretty much everything about Lori I remember to be beautifully just-so.

A heart of gold, and so loving and giving, Lori was expressive about everything. We connected on a certain level of emotion, as we were similar in the areas of expression, passion, and love. Lori wasn't always treated with the respect and love she deserved either, and especially by men. I think Lori just didn't realize what a gem she really was.

Lori was most known in our church for signing (expression of music via sign language) so majestically during worship songs, as well as for special programs. We often told her she missed her calling - she should be paid for doing what she loved so much. It was so awesome to watch her give praise to the Lord using her arms and body to translate the music and words. I hope she realized how much this gift touched each and every one of us.

There's so many things I'm missing. But, I'm too sad. I will miss Lori. Very much.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Wecker said...

What a blessing, eh? I appreciate you expressing just what you did, as it is truly difficult to encapsulate such a treasure of a person!

Thank you!

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home