Monday, December 08, 2008

A Little Something Nice

On Friday, I had the nicest thing happen to me.

I went through the drive-thru at Starbucks near the Oregon City Shopping Center. I was a little early en route to work, and wanted to treat myself to an eggnog latte. This doesn't happen very often, and especially not at this time of day. I sent a text to Brian telling him this was the most packed I'd EVER seen any Starbucks. The line inside the store was almost nearing the front entrance, and the drive-thru had a line that wrapped around the building. I was in a pretty good spot, nearing the ordering speaker when I sent the text.

Not bothered at all when I got to the speaker, I ordered a double tall eggnog latte. I noticed what looked like the driver in the car ahead of me struggling to pull change together to pay. Normally, I may get impatient with this, but I was feeling good about treating myself and getting ready on time, etc.

I pulled up to the window, and as I handed my card to the barista, she leaned out of the window to get a little closer to me. She advised me that the lady ahead of me had just paid for my drink.

My face softened, and my head leaned to the side a little..."That's the nicest thing I think I've ever heard of." I was in shock that someone would be so nice as to pay for my drink. The barista smiled big and said, "Yeah, she does that every couple of weeks when she gets paid. It's just a matter of you being in the right place at the right time."

I was overcome with joy at that moment...and I will definitely pay it forward someday soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christi Lee said...

Wow. I do that shit sometimes. I am glad it happened to you. =) I loved this post.

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home