Saturday, March 11, 2006

Enslaved

I see you from the corner of my bed.
Your hateful eyes, staring at me.
Don't judge me. Love me.

Slipping through the keyhole, you come to me.
Your soul, burning with desire.

I reach for you, but feel nothing.
Cold, unfeeling. Lifeless.
Has it been taken from you, as well?

Don't you see me here? Alone and shivering? Scared?
Ahhh...finally, warmth.
The intense stirring of my heart.
Feeding my hunger, as if with a spoon.

Raw emotion. This is me. Don't you see me?
This...this is where I'm alive.
It defines me. At least, in my world.
Don't you see it?
Ah, but of course you do.

For a moment, sweet victory. But if only in my head.
Then you slip away.
Leaving me cold and terrified, once again. Crying.
All alone.

Don't you see I'm tired of being alone?
Would I leave if you begged me to follow?
How could I? I can't move. It's too heavy.
This burden. This ball and chain.

It keeps my heart captured. Alone, and weary.
In the corner of my bed. Once again.
Desolate...for one more night.

Or, what if it's really the freedom that I've longed for?
How can one tell?
Am I locked up....or really a free spirit?
Sitting there, alone. In the corner of my bed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian Moon said...

Complicated... and sad. At least to me.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Christi Lee said...

Oh, I love it! Gave me shivers, I can so related to this.

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home