Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Astronomical Prices

Gas is so freakin' expensive. I'm just sayin'.

So, I will take three huge steps to help myself conserve on the gas that I do have:
  1. I will make a concerted effort to SLOW DOWN. Try to drive a steady pace, instead of so much race & stop, which is my normal practice.
  2. I will try to keep my tires at a slightly elevated pressure than normally suggested.
  3. I will drive with my windows up (and use air, if necessary).
Thanks to Brian for 2 and 3. I'm sure there are a lot more ways, but I can only bite off three at one time. Heck, number 1 is going to be hard enough for me to accomplish.

4 Comments:

Blogger Brian Moon said...

Tee-hee. Just get one speeding ticket and it'll blow your gas budget for months. Trust me - don't learn this the hard way.

...right, Christi?

2:12 PM  
Blogger Ken said...

Not to conflict with Mr. Moon but watch it with the air pressure tip. Don't go too much over if at all and rememeber if you put them at a higher pressure cold when they heat up the pressure increases. Also you can reduce breaking power and wear the tires out sooner... I'm just sayin'.

Try to meeter speed so you don't actually stop at a red light. I slow down enough that the light changes when I get there. You use more gas going from 0 - 5mph than accellerating from a creap (2mph say) to 10mph.

On the freeway? Cruise control!!! And no faster than 60. New study shows fuel consumption skyrockets as speeds increas. Check this out http://bioage.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/autobild1.png
More here: http://www.greencarcongress.com/2006/05/fuel_consumptio.html

Yes I am an altfuels/efficiency/enviro geek. And I'm feelin all post-y today!!!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Brian Moon said...

I'm OK with being corrected on the tire pressure thing.

Science is all about being corrected!

10:49 AM  
Blogger erraberra said...

I've only actually practiced one of the three, anyway. I'm a failure in this area.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home