Thursday, July 13, 2006

Beautiful Girl

I saw your bright eyes this morning in my memory.
The exact curve of your eyebrows, as well as the constant twinkle.

In the next moment, I heard your melodic laugh,
and saw you dancing in the mirrors to that drowning beat.

Your kindness is still imprinted on my heart, even today,
as is the contagious smile and personality people adored.

Independent and strong, you were a leader,
yet never overbearing. Quick witted, and
solid as a rock. And, as loyal as they come...

Beautiful girl, we miss you.

My heart hurts, as the memories flood my mind.
You are in a better place; however, why...
...why did you have to be taken from us so soon?

Speeding on a desolate road in the early hours,
the truck came from nowhere. Metal upon metal.
The crushing echo of a life taken much too soon.

Devastated, we walk through life. Do you see us?
Can you help us?

Not often enough, we think of you...

Beautiful girl, we miss you.

*This poem is dedicated to a good friend, Tracey, who passed away shortly after high school. Much, much too soon.*

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian Moon said...

Very touching poem, Tracy.

Here's to friends, old and new...

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That touched me... she is alive in you...and your memory of her is beautiful.

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home