Sunday, July 09, 2006

Scarlet Lights


The forbidden glare of the scarlet lights.
Having been mesmerized for a moment,
I slam on the brakes.

It was a state of bliss.
Or, so I imagined.
What went wrong?
Was it a farce?

Love comes in all shapes, sizes, and colors.

It's always been my understanding that,
Relationships are worth something.
Is that true?
Or, were they merely toss-away feelings?

Maybe we can toss away feelings, sure.
But not the people.
Those people remain in our hearts...or at least our memories.
Forever.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brian Moon said...

Yes, they're there forever.

...which can be annoying as hell, but what can we do?

You should poet more often.

4:05 AM  
Blogger Jim Webb said...

I just found my photo here tonight. Though my photos are public, it would still be nice to receive some kind of notification that they are being used by someone else.

Nevertheless, thanks for choosing mine.

Jim

1:59 AM  
Blogger erraberra said...

My apologies, Jim. I didn't know that was your name. I merely did a search on Flickr, and then linked back to your site on the actual picture. I thought that was enough since I didn't know you. Again, my sincere apologies that I've offended you or used your photo without permission. I thought it was cool, and reflected my feelings that day. Great work! And, thanks for commenting.

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home