Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The Journey

My poor blog. I've been so neglectful lately.

I was sort of holding a grudge since my work was lost in never-never-land the other day. But, I'm over it.

I will take a few minutes to try and re-create the beautiful post I lost.

I want to talk today about "the journey." I was talking with a good friend of mine last week about the acceptance of my past mistakes and/or behaviors, and the steps I am taking to better myself, i.e., fix me. His response was something like, "Even if you don't completely 'fix' them, just remember that it's all part of the journey."

This was one of those times where you know you've heard this idea before, by other persons, even. But, for some odd reason, THAT DAY you needed to hear it...exactly how it was said...strictly by THAT person. It was as if it knocked me over the head.

We all know life is a journey. How many times have you heard that, right? But, it's not until you actually live it, that it becomes surreal for us. We have choices presented to us every day. It's the decisions we make, individually, that make up our journey, or our path. Our journey is our own. No one else will know exactly what it feels like to us. Even if they've gone through the same experiences, it's still our journey. And, we need to endure a myriad of sets and scenes before we 'get it'. And, even then, only some are lucky enough...

We may look back on the decisions we've made throughout our lives, and regret some. Or, we may be very grateful for, yet, others. Even if we thought they were poor decisions, at some point, they may have actually been what was best for us, at that time. At any rate, we need to take the time to look back, accept responsibility that they were ours (right or wrong), and move on. Maybe we can see how we'd do it differently now. Or, maybe we wouldn't. Does it really matter? Or, is it indeed, as many say, all part of the journey?

3 Comments:

Blogger Brian Moon said...

Beautifully said.

I don't think I realized how my off-hand comments affect you sometimes.

1:31 PM  
Blogger erraberra said...

Dude, you didn't even CLICK THE LINK. It's not about you. ;-)

You're not my ONLY friend...just my BEST friend. :-)

2:40 PM  
Blogger Brian Moon said...

o...k

Oops.

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home