Thursday, September 13, 2007

Shout Out

On Tuesday, a friend of mine who doesn't normally work at my office was here doing some business. While she was here, she decided she wanted to have lunch with me. And, having lunch with me consists of a three mile walk, these days.

About half-way, my friend notices that she'd lost her earring somewhere along the way! She rejected my suggestion of turning around at that point and walking the other half the same way we'd come. No, she wanted to keep going, all the while mentally kicking herself for not having taken it off before heading out for our trot.

Naturally, when I talked to her on Wednesday, she asked me to look for it if I walked again. I indeed walked again, and looked for it. However, there was no sign of the seemingly easily spotted earring.

Today, however, as I was heading out the door to begin the usual walk, I looked up and said a little prayer, "Lord, I would sure love to find that earring today. Just sayin'." As I walked along scouring the ground, I was hopeful that I would find the earring. Back and forth my eyes explored the path, only looking up once every blue moon to make sure the was nothing in my way while walking at a fairly strong pace.

Believe what you will, but I don't believe in coincidence.

Just as my determination was beginning to falter....I'll have you know, I found that earring on my walk today!

AND

At about mile 2, when I was just contemplating the pros and cons of exercise, ShuffleSexy* served up the best songs to get me through, starting with this one. Almost to the finish line, this little number, by one of the most spunky/determined Country singers ever, pushed me home!

Coincidence? I think not. Yep, today is a good day!

*Shout out to Brian for originating the name, and allowing me to carry on with it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brian Moon said...

Yay for finding her earring!

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!
What are the odds within 3 miles?
That's cool!

10:35 AM  
Blogger Jules~ said...

That is so amazing! And just the kind of thing God can do and takes joy in doing. Two days later with street cleaners, weather, people, traffic....
Awesome!

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home