Thursday, February 07, 2008

Bad Boys, Bad Boys....

I've been under the weather lately. Not sick enough to stay home and wrapped up in bed, necessarily, but sick enough to where I just don't really care about stuff around me. You know, 'cause I just don't feel good.

Last night after $1 Dinner at the church, we decided to head home instead of staying for class. My sister, my mom and I gabbing away in the car. As I neared home, I decided to run the yellow light at a turn signal....right directly in front of a cop. I spotted the lights on the top of the car just as I was rounding the corner, and thought..."CRAP! Oh, well."

A few yards further, and those lights were flashing. In my rear view mirror.

I pulled over, obviously frustrated. I mean, did he not have anything better to do? Seriously.

I got my license and registration, and poked it out the window before he even made his approach. He looked the registration over, and asked a couple of questions before handing it back to me and proceeded to take my license back to his car. I assessed the situation, and figured if I had to be stopped by a cop, it might as well be this one. He seemed fairly friendly, and CUTE!

He came back to my window, and handed my license back, "Looks like you have a pretty clean driving record."

"Yeah," I replied...still sounding completely uninterested, but looking at him directly in the eye.

He leaned down to see who else was in the car. He asked with a sheepish grin, "So, uh, why'd you blow that light back there?"

I just sorta shrugged, and my mom replied, "We were all just talking...and..."

He chuckled, "Well, STOP talking!"

I apologized, and he sent me on my way. As I pulled away, I joked with my mom and sister about what might have happened if I'd said what I really wanted to say:

"Whaddaya mean, officer? I blow yellow things all the time!"

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian Moon said...

Oh, my. Just yellow things?

Also, LOL! You are making me laugh & smile A LOT today!

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU ROCK! I just knew when he said "why did you blow the light" that a good punch line had to be coming... hehe... uh yea.. that continues the thought. Good Job on blowing off the ticket!

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home