Wednesday, October 18, 2006

"Watch This!"

Even though things are going GREAT for me, here's a little something to give you the warm fuzzies...

So, I'm feeling all good about myself, and my car...right? Because on Monday, I had the front brakes replaced. Lucky for me the rotors weren't shot (which, I'm not sure how I was lucky enough since I had been traveling FAR TOO LONG with bad brakes).

Then, on Tuesday I scheduled a lube, oil & filter, as well as a tune-up (finally). All is well, right?

Now, the only thing left to do is get a front left hub cap that's been missing for MONTHS. (But, that's a whole 'nother story.)

Why then, did Brian say to me, as he got in the car this morning (Wednesday, in case you weren't keeping track) - directly after saying good morning - "Did you know you have a headlight out?"

Doesn't it figure? No, really. You think you're doing good by getting everything all fixed up...and then something ELSE goes bad or wrong. Why is that so indicative of how life goes?

It reminds me of my pastor's favorite reference. Often times he talks about God having a sense of humor and saying, "Watch this!"

5 Comments:

Blogger Brian Moon said...

Just for the record, I almost started out with the headlight comment. But I realized I should probably say "good morning" or something first.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Kevin Wecker said...

You'd think they would check the headlights! All mechanics like to check those odd quirks just to charge you! Unless, they were Canadian mechanics! The nicest people you would ever meet -- next time just look to see if their wrenches are in metric!

Speaking of which, why not make your next blog entry about your experience with Canada, and those fascinating Canadians!

:]

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
Actually I was doing a search and found your blog by accident. Sort of interesting. Finding out there's another Oregonian blogging is really cool. Take care.

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"How is the Headlight"?

I have to catch up.

Christi lee

11:20 PM  
Blogger erraberra said...

Um...it's still out. Even after I had my sister "knock" it into temporary submission. Thanks for asking.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home