Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Giving Back

I'm sitting here, in a quiet office, feeling very tired - and wishing I was still sleeping in my nice warm bed. But, I'm not. I'm here, at work, in this nice quiet office. I'm grateful.

I'm in a grateful mood.

I have a wonderfully large family, and a large network of awesome friends. I have surrounded myself with people I enjoy. People that make me feel good about me, and about them. I am grateful. We all have ups and downs, and family & friends help us get through the valleys, and enable us to shout from the mountaintop while we're up there. For this, and them, I am grateful.

The road to recovery has been long and scary, at times, but I am grateful for those along my path that have aided me all the way. I've literally leaned on them from time-to-time, some times harder than others. If you're reading this, you know who you are. I can't even begin to describe how grateful I am for your help along the way. Here's to patience and kindness, and love.

I am also grateful for times most recently where I was stronger than I ever thought possible. Times where I could give back, the knowledge and the experience that I've gained through this journey. Paying it forward, so to speak. To give of yourself in such a way that you can help someone else in their journey...there's no better feeling. For this, I am grateful.

Oh, so grateful.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian Moon said...

The fact that this is the simple story of humans, that we're all connected in ways both simple and complex, does not take away from the truth and honesty of your words - it adds to it.

You're a gem, Tracy. Which, if you think about it, means, in some ways, that you've been forged by both incredible pressure and heat to spectacular hardness.

...or, maybe not, you ol' softy!

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said...What a great place to find yourself in this journey of life.

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home