Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Mini-Vacation

I've decided that three days away from work just isn't enough to be considered a real vacation. It's more like a mini-vacation. Not near enough time off work.

My mini-vacation was wonderful. It was our 13th Annual Ladies Retreat for church, and we had a blast. It was one of the best ever. Our theme this year was F.R.O.G. (fully relying on God), and most of us are about sick to death of frogs. There were frogs EVERYWHERE. However, we did manage to have a wonderful time with a musical lily pad game. I was near tears with laughter. And, believe it or not, God even loves cheaters. :-)

We were at Camp Rilea again this year between Seaside & Astoria. They have an excellent facility, and they are most hospitable to our group. Major shout outs! I managed to do a ton of shopping and didn't step foot on the beach...not once. I'm okay with that. We had wonderful weather on Thursday, Friday and Sunday...and only had to put up with the normal Oregon rain on Saturday. Not too bad.

I managed to do a mile run on Friday night around the base, and that was interesting...to say the least. We ran literally head-first into troops conducting night maneuvers and marching...cadence-filled marching, and all. Nice.

I'm sorry to admit that I hardly took any pictures. And, I haven't even uploaded those that I did take.

All-in-all it was a very fun trip, and I wish I were still there.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian Moon said...

Yay for vacation!

Even in small amounts.

And I actually like rain at the beach. Well, some beaches, anyway. Not so fun in Cancun, or Maui, but definitely nice in Lincoln City (as long as I'm at the beach house with a fire going, a drink in my hand, and I'm sitting behind the big bay window).

Also, welcome back! And thanks for the dark chocolate moose munch!

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home