Monday, October 29, 2007

Lesson Learned

Have you ever had someone ask to borrow something from you, and after you trusted them with it, they didn't give it back?

For whatever reason, I let someone who I thought was a "friend" borrow my camera. True, he hadn't really done a lot to create a substantial "friendship", so I should have known better...but I let him borrow it anyway. I fully trusted that he would return it, just as he said he would.

He didn't. And, I take full responsibility for my part.

I panicked. I threatened him. I panicked again. I bugged him. I tried to set up a meeting to get it back. I bugged him some more. And, then he left town. For good. I felt very, very sad and very, very stupid for having let him borrow it in the first place. I got very, very angry. And, then I decided it's just a thing. It's not life or death. It's just a thing. But, I worked hard for that thing. And, it was mine.

I have no idea whether he lost it, broke it, if it was stolen from him, or if he's a thief.

It doesn't really matter, at this point. I have to get another camera. But, I want to get over it for good. I thought I'd better talk about it, so I can take that extra step of forgiving and forgetting.

7 Comments:

Blogger Brian Moon said...

Ummmm...

Next!

2:12 PM  
Blogger Kevin Wecker said...

I appreciate everything you've indicated, and fully understand how there is no closure (or even mention of the camera!) for you with this person. That's unforunate that people must be deceiving in their action and manner, unless their agenda is fulfilled.

So here I am responding to your post with the unfortunate news that this inaction from the individual, who has your camera, is most likely their way of telling you they are finished with the relationship you once had.

AND they have your camera.

Thank you for your post, and allowing me to state the unavoidable obviousness!

3:12 PM  
Blogger erraberra said...

Ummmm....thanks?

And, it's highly possible that reason #2 is because I was SO okay with reason #1.

Just sayin'.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Jules~ said...

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry. That has happened to me. I appreciate your openness about how you are feeling and working thru the whole thing.
How about let's form a lynching mob?.....naw that wouldn't help you work thru it and find forgiveness....

9:40 PM  
Blogger Ken said...

That sucks so bad I can't even explain it. I'm sorry. What a jack ass.

Just know that you do have good friends. You just got hurt by a looser.

You want my old camera? I was going to sell it but it's technology and over two days old so, ya know, not worth much. It's only 2MP which is crap compared to new cameras and it doesn't have much zoom or a big sexy screen but it takes pretty good pics:-)

11:09 AM  
Blogger Ken said...

Uh here's my camera...

Fujifilm 2600 Zoom

11:15 AM  
Blogger Ken said...

Oh and here's a review:
DP Review of Fuji Finepix 2600Zoom

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home