Monday, October 23, 2006

All Things Happen for a Reason

I have had a scare. A health-related scare. I'm not ready to talk about it just yet, mostly because it's premature in the process, and I truly know nothing.

However, having had this scare, I've discovered a few things about myself:

1. I have taken my good health for granted for a very long time.
2. I am grateful to have eyes to see, ears to hear, legs to walk, a brain to think, and a mouth to talk. And, I am blessed that all of those work within a normal range.
3. I am lucky to have had a stable envioronment in which I was brought up.
4. I am lucky to have had a good education.
5. I am grateful and blessed to have such a large network of family and friends who love me.

I have no idea how this will all turn out. However, please know that if you consider yourself a friend of mine, thank you. From the bottom of my heart. :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian Moon said...

Hey, if Dooce can blob about her skin cancer and depression (and still be damned funny), anyone can do it! But I guess not everyone's as shameless (in a good way) as Heather.

I'm rooting for you!

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will think positive thoughts... having had a scare myself (one week of the doctor telling me he would have to send in a sample for cancer screening and waiting, waiting, waiting)I can only imagine what you may be going through. As always... know I am here for you in the many ways that friends are.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home