Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Simple, yet complex? No, just simple!

Believe it or not, I have been grumpy lately. A lot. There is a multitude of possibilities as to why, but I think I've narrowed it down. I'm having financial problems again.

Brian is such a great friend...but another reason I like him is because he can point out the simple things in what feels like such a complex problem. Yesterday, he made a post (as well as talked to me prior) which simplified it for me, a bit, to enable me to determine the core issue. I simply haven't been paying attention. My attention has been focused on my weight loss, not so much on my finances.

Anyone that knows me knows that I'm an excellent multi-tasker. I just am. It's a skill I've developed quite well over many aspects of my world. Why, then, am I having trouble multi-tasking regarding my personal goals and/or development? Again, with the paying attention. Pay attention, Tracy!

Hey, Brian! Next time, just slap me in the face, wouldja? Thankyouverymuch.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brian Moon said...

Um, I kinda did. Only without actually applying my hand to your face.

And yay for doing the last-word-becomes-first-word thing!

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic you!


Reader 492

9:03 AM  
Blogger Kevin Wecker said...

Isn't it strange we can be optimistic and powerful change agents to others - being supportive when it matters most, yet we focus on the negative and are more than challenged by inabilities to any difficulty which come our way?

For we will always fall short. Always when we focus on ourselves. Yet, by ignoring the "me" focus, those disadvantages fall to the wayside when when we pay attention through service, friendship, kindness, etc - our lives are fulfilled!

Brian is right when he stated simplicity is key, as well as paying attention. However, if you will allow me, I also would add being involved. Participation.

And knowing it ain't easy. We're human after all, and do-overs are okay!

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home