Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Stop! Collaborate, and Listen!

Thankyouverymuch. That was, indeed, my best Vanilla Ice impression!

But, seriously, folks....what actually does happen to those "one-hit-wonder" groups we all know and love? Do you know? I don't. But, I bet google does.

There's actually a website dedicated to bringing us at least identification of these special bands. At least one website.

Here are a few of my favorites from years gone bye:

The Vapors - Turning Japanese (I was just singing this song YESTERDAY!)
Sugar Hill Gang - Rapper's Delight
Toni Basil - Mickey
Soft Cell - Tainted Love
Kajagoogoo - Too Shy
Dexy's Midnight Runners - Come on Eileen
Moving Picturs - What About Me
Nena - 99 Luftballoons
Jack Wagner - All I need....

Wait. Pretty much every single one from the 80's and 90's.

As far as what happened to these bands....here's a great article on what may have happened to them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home