Thursday, November 02, 2006

Confusion, at its finest.

While we were sitting in the waiting room for my test, Brian and I were chatting. A nurse comes out from the back, and begins telling me why it's taking so long for me to be called back. But instead of prefacing it with those words, she just launches into explaining that her "trackball" is not working and that she may have to re-schedule if she can't get it working.

Brian and I, unbeknownst to one another, were looking at this lady thinking, 'Have you tried rebooting? Do we have to troubleshoot for YOU too? How do you know what we do for a living?'

I wonder if she could see the confusion that was written on our faces at that very moment.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian Moon said...

I was stunned.

Especially after the day we had, running around from site to site not fixing things, and getting stuck in lines even where there should be no lines.

And then... the nurse is complaining about a broken trackball? Is this some fancy-schmancy version of HELL I've fallen into?

I don't know what she saw, but if the look on my face was anything like the look on your face, we could not have been more puzzled and ready-to-rant.

I'm so glad she was able to fix it herself by, y'know, screwing the connector back on.

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home