Monday, January 08, 2007

I finally saw it...

Two months later, and I finally received and viewed The Great Gatsby! That's the particular version I saw, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it didn't do the classic much justice.

Now, I can certainly see why this sad tale of lost love and ensuing Karma is a classic, as well as a favorite to many. I'll bet the book was even better, I'll have to add that to my must-read list. As well, I'll have to purchase my own copy of one of the more original film versions.

Next up - Casablanca! Thanks to Brian for the lovely gift of symbolism for the holidays!

3 Comments:

Blogger Brian Moon said...

I didn't realize that there were multiple film versions of "The Great Gatsby"! I have to admit that I've only seen the 1974 version, with Robert Redford in the role, and that was a long long time ago, so my memory is faint. Kevin is the one who brought up "The Great Gatsby", so perhaps it's more fresh in his mind than mine...

Mira Sorvino? I'll have to try to catch that one, I think...

And, yes, "Casablanca" was (part of) my Christmas gift to you. As well as being one of the all-time greatest movies ever.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Kevin Wecker said...

I don't think there is a Casablanca novel - although, like most others, it probably is better than the movie - which is saying quite a bit! The movie is, indeed, quite good. One of the best by far.

For The Great Gatsby, I know of the Redford version. If there is anything newer, it must have been made for televsion. The book is WONDERFUL - same general premise as the movies.

I am glad you took some time to see a classic. I wish you much success in these endeavors for the new year!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Christi Lee said...

There is a Casablanca restaurant in Santa Monica. The BEST place ever for...

Well, I LOVE the movie. I read the Great Gatsby a long tme ago, I should read it again. It is GREAT. Have you read Rebecca or seen the movie? I loved both as well.

Reading is my favorite thing to do so I get super excited when others do it. Yay for you! AND YES! Yay for goals!

2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home