Sunday, February 04, 2007

Could You Do Me a Favor?

Down in the depths of the portion of my brain that is deeply affected by my negative voice, I have this issue, if you will. It is merely a mental hurdle. I try not to give it too much credit.

For now, I have actually jumped this mental hurdle. And, I'm proud of that fact. However, I vow to try and never become so cocky as to say that I've actually conquered this issue.

I used to always get stuck on the how, and not focus enough on the what.

Yesterday, a daily inspiration was delivered to my inbox from an online newsletter in which I subscribe. The following quote brought this all back to the forefront of my mind:

"Once the 'what' is decided, the 'how' always follows. We must not make the 'how' an excuse for not facing and accepting the 'what.'"– Pearl S. Buck

This, my friends, is exactly what I used to do, and at some point may revert back to. If you ever find that I'm doing this, please, please point it out. Thank you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Brian Moon said...

I will do my best.

So far I think you're doing great!

The part I always have trouble with is the 'why' and oftentimes the 'when'. Just sayin'.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Kevin Wecker said...

What??!

8:30 AM  
Blogger Brian Moon said...

I have to admit, though, I do really well on the 'who'?

Somebody else.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Kevin Wecker said...

Where is this coming from??! Why am I responding with two question marks and an exclamation point??! Who do I think I am??! What will I say next??! When will I learn??!

Okay. That's all I got.

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home