Monday, November 13, 2006

My Weekend

I had a great 3-day weekend. These are about the only times I enjoy working for local government. Wait, did I just say that? Yeah, I did.

Anyway, on Friday, I joined the "wedding crew" at the nail salon to get my nails all prettied up. Oh, and the pedicure for the purdy toes, as well. That was fairly fun, although, customer service just ain't what it used to be.

After getting the church decorated and such, we had the rehearsal. Word of advice to others involved in weddings...go through it more than once. Just make the time. It'll be worth it in the long run.

Bright and early on Saturday, the "wedding crew" again reported to the salon for the hair experience. Val did a great job making our hairs look pretty. I can't wait to see pictures. The wedding was beautiful. Many tears were spilled, and hugs given. It was a fine day. The best part, though, for those in attendance (I'm sure) was watching me literally running around the bride to get her (stoopid) train straightened after the unity candle was lit. Why, oh, why was that my job? And, why, oh, why did they have to turn around as a couple instead of individually? That was NOT part of the rehearsal!

The speech given by the Best Man was a bit long, but had some humor. The speech given by me was, of course, charming and sweet. :-) And, speaking of sweet, the cake was scrumptious!

Sunday was fairly relaxing, although, I will admit that I had a rough time with my beautiful flower girl of a daughter. I'm not sure if it was due to being overly tired, or what. However, I am very thankful that I had the trouble with her the day before (which I forgot to mention) and the day after, instead of the actual day. She was an angel on Saturday...and looked like one too.

I did get The Great Gatsby added to my queue on Netflix. And, unfortunately, no Penthouse stories were read or written by me. Darn it. I'll really have to get the latest issue, soon.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Wecker said...

There is a lot of work into weddings! I think the wedding "crew," as you so eloquently put it, should be paid for the hassle!

But that's the government worker in me...

4:01 PM  
Blogger Brian Moon said...

1. Weddings aren't supposed to go off flawlessly. It spoils things, somehow.

2. Google image search for "unity". (Mildly NSFW)

3. Yay for behaving daughters!

4. I haven't bought a Penthouse mag (or other paper-based pr0n) since discovering that there's pr0n on the internets.

4:03 PM  
Blogger erraberra said...

I guess there's a little government worker in all of us, huh?

1. They don't have to NOT go off flawlessly AT MY EXPENSE. Thankyouverymuch.

2. Yay for NSFW!

3. Behaving daughters make it all worthwhile.

4. THERE'S pr0n ON THE INTERNETS?

4:08 PM  
Blogger Brian Moon said...

4. DUH.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Kevin Wecker said...

Hold the press!

Behaving daughters?! Pr0n on the Internets?

Did I really just put those two questions side by side to each other for a smart-ass comment here?

Do you know how difficult it was for me to consciously think about writing "pr0n" in that way?

I think the last Penthouse magazine I perused was Mr. Moons! Am I dating myself here??

How many more questions do I have yet to ask here?

What do you think?

Do you think I could go on all night asking questions?

Do you really want to see that?

Have you yet written a blog-entry regarding the last crazy time you've spent more than 24 hours without sleep (ie. pre-children)?

Do you like saying the word "flawlessly" as much as I do right now?

:]

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home